The story is dominated by male characters and most likely was written for boys. Aged 9-11 (according to lovereading4kids.com)
· Marks pinned to Emil’s jacket
· The mysterious Max Grundeis
· Max Grundeis offers Emil chocolate.
· Emil sleeps and Grundeis takes his money.
· Emil chalks a red nose and black moustache on a statue of Grand Duke Charles.
· Emil and Gustav assemble 24 others to help solve the crime; ‘The Detectives’
· The detectives spy on Herr Grundeis in his hotel.
· The detectives follow Grundeis to a bank.
I’ve taken these story elements from various synopsis around the web. I’ll grab a copy of the book to get an idea for how important each element is and descriptions of the location and characters. Points which are in italics are what I perceive to be important/recurring elements from what I’ve read about the book so far.
Previous cover designs:
Theatre production posters: